Spring Clean Your Website!
Spring is not only a great time to get to work around the house, cleaning out the old but also a great time to dig into other areas of your life such as your personal or business website.
Many times it becomes far too easy for website information to become outdated and overlooked so let’s make a list of things to tackle with this website friendly, spring cleaning list.
- Contact information – Has your contact information changed? Do you possibly have employees listed on your site with their contact information? Take a moment to look things over and update as needed.
- Services – Often we add, remove or limit services we offer. Now is a great time to review those services while also paying special attention to any details or descriptions to ensure you are delivering the best punch to bring in the business you deserve.
- Is it time for a face-lift? We have a client who likes their site but feels their homepage could use new life. Enter RMB Agency! With this, we are creating a new feel on a great website to give that ready for spring fun feel.
- Check those links! Do you have broken links or social icons that are not currently working as they should? Click on each link and make sure they point properly. Better yet, there are tools available to check for broken links – taking the time to a minimum and delivering great results.
- Test those forms! Do you have forms on your site that aren’t used on a regular basis? Now is a great time to test them out and make sure the emails are coming through to you. A client recently realized that they were no longer receiving emails from a form. A few quick clicks fixed this issue right up but often, things are missed in the time between lapse and discovery; something none of us want to have happen.
- Read over your blog. Are there blog postings that might be best to take down for one reason or another? While reviewing, you may even find evergreen content that you can share again on your various social media outlets – bringing new life to your site with content that is ready and waiting!
Beyond the site – exploring tools that matter
This is also a great time to move beyond the boundaries of your site itself to review items such as your Webmaster tools with Google, to your analytics platform, site security, password updates, and anything else that might connect into the website arena. Check it over and handle those tasks that might have been sitting out there needing to be reviewed / tended to and make notes so that next year you can create an easier path in your spring cleaning journey!
If RMB can be of help with any of these items, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us be a part of your team!